Gaming peripherals have come a long way in recent years. Wireless gaming mouse and keyboard used to be frowned upon by many hardcore gamers due to latency and connectivity issues. However, advancements in wireless technology have made wireless gaming peripherals much more viable options. In this article, we’ll explore whether wireless gaming mice and keyboards are good choices for gamers today.
Are wireless keyboard and mouse good for gaming?
In the past, wireless gaming mice and keyboards were avoided by serious gamers because of potential latency issues. When you’re playing a competitive online game, every millisecond counts. With a wired connection, there’s no chance of delay or interrupted signal between the mouse/keyboard and computer.
However, modern wireless gaming peripherals have made huge improvements in reducing latency. Using advanced wireless protocols like Bluetooth 5.0 and proprietary RF connections, latency is barely perceptible compared to wired gear. As long as you stay within range of the wireless receiver, performance will be smooth.
Keys presses and mouse clicks are transmitted almost instantly to the computer with modern wireless systems. The top wireless gaming mice and keyboards now have response times of 1ms or less, which is imperceptible.
Wireless peripherals also offer more flexibility. Without cables restricting your movements, you can easily adjust to a more comfortable position. This perk is especially noticeable with wireless gaming mice. The lack of drag from a wire gives you quicker, more precise aim.
As long as you choose devices from reputable gaming brands like Logitech, Razer, and Corsair, wireless latency and responsiveness should not hold you back today.
Are wireless keyboards any good for gaming?
Wireless gaming keyboards provide all the advantages of their wired counterparts without messy cables. As mentioned above, modern wireless protocols deliver seamless, lag-free performance that’s perfect for gaming.
Here are some of the benefits of using a wireless keyboard for gaming:
- Freedom of movement – No cables means you can easily adjust the keyboard on your desk without limitations. This allows for ergonomic flexibility.
- Clean look – Eliminating wires cluttering your desktop setup gives a tidy, professional appearance. This helps minimize distractions while gaming.
- Portability – Wireless keyboards are easy to transport for gaming on the go. Gaming laptop users will appreciate the streamlined experience.
- Extended reach – Wireless range of 30 feet or more allows you to game comfortably from your couch or bed. Cabled keyboards limit your seating options.
- Long battery life – Top wireless gaming keyboards last 30+ hours per charge. And some can charge while in use, providing unlimited gameplay.
The only real downside of wireless keyboards compared to wired is the need to occasionally charge the battery. But battery life has improved drastically, making this inconvenience minor for most gamers.
Can you have a wireless mouse and a wireless keyboard?
Absolutely! It’s perfectly feasible to use a wireless gaming mouse and wireless gaming keyboard together. This offers maximum flexibility and an untethered experience.
Most wireless gaming mice and keyboards today connect via a USB dongle receiver. As long as each device has its own dongle, they won’t interfere with each other. Some mice and keyboards can pair directly via Bluetooth without a dongle too.
The only thing to watch out for is keeping the wireless receivers a good distance apart. If they are too close together, you may experience signal interference and occasional lag. Plugging the mouse receiver into the front USB port and the keyboard receiver into the back USB port prevents this problem.
Some wireless peripherals from brands like Logitech use a unified receiver for pairing multiple devices. This eliminates the need for separate dongles and further declutters your setup. Everything syncs through one central receiver flawlessly.
So using both wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming offers the ultimate in flexibility and performance when setup properly. Just be sure to choose devices using modern wireless technology for a lag-free experience.
Is there a wireless RGB keyboard?
RGB lighting has become immensely popular in PC gaming gear.Wireless keyboards are also trending upward. Fortunately, there are fantastic options available that combine both technologies for a cutting-edge wireless gaming keyboard with RGB backlighting.
Here are some of the top wireless RGB keyboards on the market:
- Logitech G915 Lightspeed – Ultra-thin mechanical keyboard with Lightspeed wireless and full RGB backlighting.
- Corsair K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard – Bluetooth wireless keyboard with per-key RGB backlighting ideal for living room gaming.
- Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro – Wireless mechanical gaming keyboard with Razer Chroma RGB system.
- HyperX Alloy Origins Core – Compact wireless mechanical keyboard with exposed LED design on each keycap.
- Roccat Vulcan Aimo 120 – Wireless mechanical Roccat keyboard with Aimo intelligent RGB system.
Wireless RGB technology allows these keyboards to provide an immersive lighting experience without any cables getting in the way. The batteries last 30 hours or more even with RGB enabled.
From living room setups to desk configurations, wireless RGB keyboards deliver maximum versatility. Their detachable design makes them easy to transport too.
If customizable lighting matters to you along with wireless capability, there are fantastic gaming keyboards available to choose from. Just be prepared to pay a premium over non-RGB or wired-only alternatives. Going wireless and RGB together is the cutting edge of gaming keyboard technology.